Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Upgrading To Dell Studio Desktop ~ Windows Vista




My search is finally over! I have upgraded my 3-year old HP Pavilion Desktop to a new Dell Studio. I think I made a very good choice. It looks very sleek and operation is a breeze. The only downside was the Windows Vista OS which I have had hard time with looking for programs that’s vista ready. I had to buy and install new imaging software and have to learn them.

The Widescreen 24 inch monitor is pretty big… and I mean BIG!
I’d probably be Ok with 19” - 22” ~ I guess in couple years when it’s ready to upgrade the CPU again, I’d definitely downgrade the size of the monitor (and Definitely go back to Windows XP Professional) So far everything is working smoothly and perfectly as it should be!

The price? Well, you have to look around if you want a better deal. I consider myself lucky when I got this system. It was on Sale at Dell for $1,049 (Normally $1,449) + a FREE Kodak 8MP Digital Camera - So I am really happy with my purchase.

3 comments:

  1. I can see how a 24" moniter can be big I thought my 22" moniter was going to be too small, but its just about right to watch video on and use as a pc moniter. In the next few years I would switch to Windows 7 instead of downgrade to xp though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the monitor youve got! its worth to buy though..i like the widescreen monitor, it more better when you are watching movies too....

    Great one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. is there any available widescreen like yours?

    ReplyDelete